Simply put, Diana Taurasi is a legend in women’s basketball. With a resume that puts her alongside Lisa Leslie, Sheryl Swoopes, and Cheryl Miller, Taurasi has excelled at every level she has played.
Here is just a brief breakdown of what Diana has accomplished in her career:
- 3-time NCAA Champion as Connecticut (2002-2004)
- 2-time NCAA Player of the Year and Tournament MVP (2003, 2004)
- WNBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
- 2-time WNBA Champion with the Phoenix Mercury (2007, 2009)
- WNBA MVP and Finals MVP (2009)
- 5-time WNBA Scoring Champion (2006, 2008-2011)
- And, of course, 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist (2004, 2008, 2012)
Just tonight, she led the U.S. Women’s Basketball team to its 5th straight gold (her 3rd straight) with an 86-50 win over France.
Diana’s spectacular athleticism has produced a very spectacular body. The normal WNBA uniforms, and Diana’s typical casual wear, don’t tend to show that off. However, in 2010, she took the bold step of showing off her physique in ESPN’s annual “Body Issue”. In addition to showing off her spectacular and healthily in-shape body, the exotic Taurasi (Italian father/Argentinian mother) also proudly showed off her seldom seen tattoo.
She has tended to be quiet about her ink, but for the body issue, every picture that made the cut prominently displayed this sunburst design on her right hip:
You can follow Diana on her home page: http://www.dianataurasi.com/